What I LOVED about the USA:
- Cheap filtered coffees from everywhere. This is probably just me, but I do love filtered coffees. Downunder it's all flat whites and lattes, I love them too but there is always a place for a good honest cup of filtered coffee!
- Taking photos willy-nilly and not being self conscious about it because there are so many other tourists doing the same thing.
- Mexican food from everywhere.
- Pizza by the slice. Especially 'a slice of white'.
- It snowed!
- Watching tv and movies from now on and recognising places I've been to. (Does anyone else watch Parenthood? So good, on last night's episode they were in Haight Ashbury - I was just there three days ago!!)
- The drugstores and cheap makeup (seriously - Kiehls products here are 3 times the price, and OPI nail polish is $20 a bottle here compared to $8 in the US. I wish I'd stocked up more but I was freaking out about my luggage being too heavy).
- Cheap magazines. I guess it's because most mags arrive in Australia having been freighted from the US. I couldn't resist buying more and more and hauling them back in my carry on luggage.
- So I keep mentioning the word 'cheap', but you know what else is waaaaay cheaper - movies! We saw Contagion and Drive (both excellent).