Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloweenie

It's Halloween this Sunday, though here in the Southern Hemisphere Halloween isn't really a huge thing. Despite this I thought I'd share some of my favourite scary movies. Just to get into the 'spirit' of things, (ha ha)!

Rosemary's Baby, directed by Roman Polanski. There's a really interesting article here about the Dakota building in New York where the film was shot, and how much New York has changed since it was made. I love Ruth Gordon in this film. She plays the most annoying neighbour ever and just gets creepier and creepier…


Let the Right One In is a beautiful Swedish film about vampires and childhood, set in the 1980s. An American remake has just come out here which I'm quite curious to see, as apparently it recreates the whole style of the original. 


These first two films aren't really 'scary-scary', but more spooky and chilling. However, the scariest movie I have ever seen is this one - The Shining. The first time I watched it I couldn't handle it and left the room pretending to go to the loo. Then half an hour later when I was ready to come back my flatmate had paused the film and waited for me. I was so angry that my ruse had failed and I had to watch the whole of the scariest movie ever! However, I've managed to watch The Shining numerous times since then and it is now one of my favourites. It still gives me the creeps though! Even looking at these images freaks me out a little (I'm such a wuss!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...