Friday, September 30, 2011

Soups Season

When I realised that Winter was coming to an end I started to panic about not having made the most of the cooler weather, which is perfect for making and eating one of my favourite foods - soup! During the height of summer Melbourne gets so hot that I can hardly bear to be near a hot oven, so I was determined to get my fill of soup appreciation before the end of the season. Here are a couple of my favourites from the ensuing soup binge.

Ripe Recipes Curried Parsnip & Apple soup.

Birthday Borscht from Trotsky and Ash (my favourite).

And this roast cauliflower and chickpea soup was a delicious, cosy delight.

And speaking of foodie deliciousness, this week on Where the Lovely Things Are it is Food Week! There have been lovely yummy food posts every day, and I was rather chuffed to be asked to participate by answering some foodie questions. Thanks Mallory! I've really been loving all the food content this week. Yum!


  1. man oh man do i love soup. & thanks again for taking part in food week, hannah!

  2. Roast cauliflower (which I can't get enough of) and chickpea soup sounds incredible. Definitely still freeeezing enough here to warrant some soup making. Although I also love the colour of that borscht...

  3. You = Welcome Mallory! I loooooved Food Week.

    Hi HungryandFrozen (I love your blog by the way!) I really do recommend the borsht, it is so delicious. It could have something to do with the tonne of butter I added, but there is just something about it that transcends the beetroot flavour.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...