Friday, September 30, 2011

Soups Season

When I realised that Winter was coming to an end I started to panic about not having made the most of the cooler weather, which is perfect for making and eating one of my favourite foods - soup! During the height of summer Melbourne gets so hot that I can hardly bear to be near a hot oven, so I was determined to get my fill of soup appreciation before the end of the season. Here are a couple of my favourites from the ensuing soup binge.


Ripe Recipes Curried Parsnip & Apple soup.

Birthday Borscht from Trotsky and Ash (my favourite).

And this roast cauliflower and chickpea soup was a delicious, cosy delight.

And speaking of foodie deliciousness, this week on Where the Lovely Things Are it is Food Week! There have been lovely yummy food posts every day, and I was rather chuffed to be asked to participate by answering some foodie questions. Thanks Mallory! I've really been loving all the food content this week. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. man oh man do i love soup. & thanks again for taking part in food week, hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roast cauliflower (which I can't get enough of) and chickpea soup sounds incredible. Definitely still freeeezing enough here to warrant some soup making. Although I also love the colour of that borscht...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You = Welcome Mallory! I loooooved Food Week.

    Hi HungryandFrozen (I love your blog by the way!) I really do recommend the borsht, it is so delicious. It could have something to do with the tonne of butter I added, but there is just something about it that transcends the beetroot flavour.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...