Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Market Prizes

I came home with quite a few prized items after my visit to the Camberwell Sunday Markets


…including the Times Square soundtrack - I haven't seen this film, but I'm desperate to after giving this a few spins. Unfortunately a well informed friend tells me that it's impossible to find a copy here in Melbourne :(


I love autobiographies, so I couldn't go past this one of Mia Farrow's. I'm particularly interested in reading about her time spent studying under the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in India. The group of 60's hipsters she was with included the Beatles, who wrote the song Dear Prudence about Farrow's sister who was so fanatical that she spent the whole trip holed up in her room meditating.

The Treasury of Good Food Ideas, or more like: the treasury of food that haz cheez in it.















8 comments:

  1. Hey I just discovered your blog the other week and am loving going back through your posts.

    I see you bought the Times Square soundtrack and are lusting over the film ... well, I just so happened to have bought a copy of it off ebay a few months back. Perhaps if you want to email me (jesslomas@gmail.com) I can help you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I am emailing you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing scores! How funny, I have been searching for Times Square for ages!! A local film director told me it is one of his faves and a great flick, but so far I have failed to find a copy - yay hopefully I can get a copy from you Banana-nee. Woohoo! Thanks Jess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that cheesy cookbook looks hilarious! i'm so glad you posted all the images from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hannah - you won the Angela Kelly jewellery on my site, so email me, and we'll sort it out :) wallace

    www.streetandcityphotos.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wallace - what a great surprise! Thanks so much, am emailing you now!

    Hi Mallory - I went a bit cray cray with the cheesy pics, they were all so good though! Am pleased you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, I absolutely love that there's a "recipe" on how to pack a sandwich for lunch! :-p Awesome finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors in the cookbook photos are just wow. you dont see colors like that anymore. (mia farrow book looks good too)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...