Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Mid-Winter Blues

Don't let the nonstop rain outside get you down, fellow Melbournians! Try my 'semi-guaranteed' cures for the Winter Blues instead:

1. Surround yourself with fresh flowers. Mine were foraged from the roadside while walking home. The cheapskates way to decorate.




2.  Make Sarah Britton's Split Pea Sunshine & Saffron Soup. So tasty AND healthy. My secret ingredient for delicious soups used to be a huge hunk of butter, but this recipe has proven to me that soup can taste amazing without it!



5 comments:

  1. It was a great soup but I do like the big ol' hunk of butter recipe. Ha "foraged" flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I have been coveting a stampel vase for a while. I love your hand-picked flower displays, they're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Just saw your comment on my blog. In case you don't read my response over there, could you send me the air bnb link?! I want to stay there!!!

      Delete
    2. Sure thing! I hope you get to stay there, it's pretty ace.

      Delete
  3. Yes, fresh flowers and comfort foods during rainy days absolutely love this idea. Got my eye on your blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...