Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscars Day


Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly backstage at the 1956 Oscars // The 1958 Governors Ball // Elizabeth Taylor with her first Academy Award for Butterfield 8 in 1961 // Natalie Wood and Warren Beatty yuk it up at the 1962 Oscar ceremony // All photos from LIFE photo archives

I get excited about awards ceremonies like some people get into sport, so the Oscars is like the Superbowl, or World Cup for me. I'm hanging out to watch the free to air television coverage tonight, though I doubt I'll be able to keep away from the internet all day so I'm bound to find out the winners before then. I don't really take much stock in Oscar winners anyway… I just enjoy it for the awkward/funny banter and sparkley celebs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...